Saturday, August 17, 2013

Snips & Specs & Surveys!

In which Sam rants about Mockingjay, raves about Hemingway (surprise?), and reveals everything you may or may not have wanted to know in a tell-all survey!

Thanks to the marvelous Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner for this fantastic feature!

Author you’ve read the most books from:

Stephen King, easily, hands down. It helps that he is one of the most prolific authors in modern history, too.

Best Sequel Ever:

Lirael by Garth Nix, the sequel to Sabriel. The latter hinted at a deeper, more insidious evil than the one that plagued the first novel's protagonist, and the second novel did not disappoint as the true threat revealed itself.

Currently Reading:

Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness. Struggling a little bit - it's very different from the first book.

Drink of Choice While Reading:

Hot chocolate, homemade - don't forget to add a little bit of coffee (my dad's trick) for a full-bodied flavor!

E-reader or Physical Book?

Physical book - I am one of those pretentious people who is afraid that if I use an e-reader people won't know I'm reading and might think I'm (gasp) playing a game or something. Of course, I actually still carry around a Nintendo DS so I don't know who I am fooling. (Hint: no one)

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:

Jacob. Jacob Black. Go ahead and judge me! I dare you! TEAM JACOB (but only in New Moon, after that, it gets weird.)

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

Tamora Pierce's Tortall universe (Song of the Lioness, Protector of the Small, etc.) My friends Ellie and Kara had talked about them and read them throughout our childhood, but for some bizarre reason it took me until my mid-twenties to figure out that I should read them too!

Hidden Gem Book:

Cinderella 2000 by Mavis Jukes. Seriously, this book is not a game. It is pure YA delight. Cathartic, clean fun.

Important Moment in your Reading Life:

The day Meg asked me to co-write a blog with her and with Kate!

Just Finished:

 The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. I know, I'm just as shocked that I actually got to one of my summer TBRs, too!

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:

Um, no idea. Honestly. Graphic descriptions of emergency tracheotomies? "The Beginner's Guide to Emergency Tracheotomies," if such a book exists. Nightmare.

Longest Book You’ve Read:

Tough - it feels like the proper measure would be word count, since page count depends on font size and style. My best guess is Stephen King's The Stand (1,153 pages) and again this guy is no stranger to crazy long books.

Major book hangover because of:

Divergent was the last one that was a real problem. 

Number of Bookcases You Own:

I hold clear title to three bookcases. I have appropriated several others for my personal use. Several tubs hold book collections that haven't made it to shelves yet. Overflow is on my desk at school and bedside table.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:

World War Z. There are so many different perspectives that depending on which character you focus on that it feels like a different read every time.

Preferred Place To Read:

Squashy couches.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:

From The Sun Also Rises
"Never fall in love?"
"Always," said the count. "I am always in love."

Reading Regret:

Reading The Road twice. It's a book that my psyche probably could only handle once. I'm pretty much convinced there is going to be an apocalypse.

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):

OMG dare I admit it...? The Hunger Games. Gave up halfway through Mockingjay, read the last chapter and Wikipedia'd the rest. SINS!

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:

Lady Knight, Lirael, and 1491

Unapologetic Fangirl For:

Tamora Pierce, all day, every day, even Tuesdays.

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:

The Bitter Kingdom FTW

Worst Bookish Habit:

Oh, clearly it is Wikipedia'ing the endings of books I don't want to read. Although to be fair, I more generally do this with films that I don't care enough to spend two hours waiting to discover the plot twist (I'm looking at you, M. Night Shyamalan.)

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

Garth Nix, Across the Wall

Your latest book purchase:

City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare. I tried to resist until it came out in paperback, but...alas. I failed.

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):

Oh, absolutely The Mark of Athena since I read the entire thing as soon as I got my hands on it.
Thanks for reading! We'd love to see your surveys - feel free to link in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. This was hilarious!! And this comment is going to be long (sorry, you guys tend to get the brunt of that from me haha)

    B. I TOTALLY forgot about that somehow! Lirael was easily my favourite in the series

    E. Bahahahah I'm totally the same...including the ds hahaha

    G. HOW DID YOU SURVIVE SO LONG NOT READING THESE?? I think I must have been 10 at the oldest discovering these books

    J. I am so glad you finally read this!! How did you like it? I got the sequel last month but I'm debating on whether to wait until the 3rd book comes out next year before starting it haha

    K. I literally laughed out loud at this

    S. HOW COULD YOU???

    W. ...of course that makes me a hypocrite. Because I totally lied on my post and your habit is absolutely my second worst habit. It is only preceded by my habit of reading the last chapter of a book before I finish haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...